Saturday, October 3, 2009

Today is Bobby's Birthday

I haven't posted in a while. We've been doing pretty well so there hasn't been much to post. I've been working more than usual (someone has to) so I haven't had spare time. Too much to do...for everyone!

Bobby was a little sad this morning. Birthdays should be celebrations...he has other things to think about. One always wonders if this will be the last...or one of just a few to celebrate. I know it is hard and he thinks about it often. We keep the spirits up and his mind on other things.

Bobby bought me a dozen roses and a big huge bag of Peanut M&Ms last night...my favorite. He has been working on many projects around the house. Physically, he feels good. They wouldn't expect any symptoms from the medicine until after the 2nd dose (which is Tuesday). Bobby & Jim went to Charlotte on Tuesday (this week). Bobby enjoyed the time with Jim (6 hours each way). It was great that Jim could go along with him. 2 weeks ago, Bobby and I went to Charlotte. We had to stay for 11 days. I left early to bring Dan home. Dan had gotten sick with the flu just before we had to leave. We decided it was best to take him along and he missed a week of school. We worked hard to keep his germs away from Bobby-and it worked. It was hard for Dan to be stuck in the camper with us although we tried to do little things along the way.

We hope everyone has been well. It is hard to keep up with everyone and what is going on with you and your lives. We think and talk about everyone...and who is doing what & where...and wondering how life is for our friends (and family).

Tonight, for Bobby's birthday, we are going out to dinner with Jim & his family, Bobby's parents, and Bobby & the kids & me. It will be nice to have a family meal. I will get a cake and I ordered some balloons. Things to embarrass the Birthday Boy! We'll keep you posted of anything new...and I'll try to keep up with everyone. Love to all!

No comments: