Thursday, July 9, 2009

Almost home!


This is a map of the places where Bobby's cell phone has been located. Last night was the final night of the journey. They will all sleep well tonight! There is a spot on the map at our house...and then the trail heads NW into Pennsylvania...Ohio...and west. The second map is all of the locations where we've been. Each spot is where we were when the phone was located by GPS.
Today, as they head north from Virginia, they will complete the loop. EVERYONE will be glad to get home. I haven't posted much since I got home because I don't have the pictures that they are taking. I will have tons of pictures to sort through (at least that is what I'm hoping) when they get home. Pictures, laundry, food, souvenirs, and rocks. All of that STUFF in the camper will have to find a home inside the house. UGH!!! I think I would be happy moving OUT of the house...and just live IN the camper. It is so easy. Bobby is tired, and anxious to get home...he sounds a little tired and says it seems like it is taking forever to get home. Tennessee was long and Virginia is always a drag. We have always called it "Dan's Favorite State." When he was younger and we drove to Florida, he started the trip by asking "Are we there yet?" Our answer for hours was, "No, Dan, we are still in Virginia!" I know it seemed like days. They will be anxious to get home today and Virginia will seem like it never ends.

No comments: