Thursday, July 23, 2009

OK...we know everyone is waiting!

Well, today's visit was very good. I have facts-which are good and I have a little information on what the plan is. I'll have more information on future treatment when we find out more. Apparently we each heard the doctor say different things. I'll just post what I thought the doctor said. Then, if HE is right--I'll bow out gracefully!

The results of the testing from last week were great. It showed that there was nothing new and only a tiny amount of growth of the lung tumors. All of this is great news. This is what we've been praying for.

The only thing we don't have answers to is WHAT'S NEXT. NIH is not feeling that they are the best place for him right now. They are suggesting we contact doctors in North Carolina where there is a clinical trial that might be best. I don't have all of the information on this so I'll post that when I get it.

Bobby plans to return to work and is still absorbing the good news. I have to post this and will fill in more later (after we play parent taxi)...but this should make everyone feel better.

No comments: