Monday, April 7, 2008

The Sun can be deceptive!

Bobby went outside yesterday and did some yard work. He cut down a tree, rode the 3-wheeler, and raked the yard...

After Bobby was outside for only about an hour, Dan realized that Daddy was outside without sunscreen. Dan got the UV meter out (I bought him to check the intensity of the rays). It was over 6! Dan lathered Daddy up with sunblock. Bobby rubbed it into his head/scalp, his face, and neck. Unfortunately, it was not enough and was too late. Bobby got burned. He has such sensitive skin. I posted safety rules on the blog...and will print them and post them around our house. I was sick that he got burned. It can't happen...ever.

Please remember to wear sunscreen. I would also ask that everyone help Bobby remember to apply his sunblock. He has it in his truck, in his police car, at home...and will have a bottle at work. I should make him (and will) a button that says, "Ask me if I'm wearing sunblock."
PLEASE DO!!! IT MAY SAVE HIS LIFE.

Love to all, Hugs...

No comments: