Saturday, June 6, 2009

Falling Behind...What could be next?


Planning...
(I also have more food pictures to post...all in time. I suppose.)
We kind of got the wind knocked out of our sails (again?) this week. Bobby went to his family doctor yesterday and the doctor had a report from Hopkins that said there were some changes on Bobby's EKG during this last round of IL-2. His doctor suspects that Bobby had a heart attack based on the EKG. They repeated the EKG at the doctor's office yesterday. Bobby was told by his doctor that the new EKG showed "something" but what they had seen at Hopkins wasn't there now. I called the oncologist's office and asked about the results of the EKG from Hopkins. In short, the EKG showed ischemic changes that occurred while Bobby was getting the IL-2. She felt that perhaps under normal conditions, his heart is happy-and under stress, ischemia develops. We're not sure what the end result revealed. Anyway, Bobby is scheduled for a stress test on Tuesday. STRESS TEST--Does he REALLY NEED A STRESS TEST? They are going to push him over the edge. The CAT scans are Monday (to see if the chemo is working). Then, a stress test on Tuesday to see if the chemo is causing cardiac problems. I asked Bobby which day he was most worried about. His cynical answer was, "Neither." I think he/we are beyond worry. We pray, we give thanks. What's left. WE are so thankful for the blessings we do have. So many of you have worked so hard and have been doing so much to bring us meals. I can't tell you how much that has helped us over the last few weeks. I haven't cooked a meal in a month. I've frozen enough to feed us for another month. The kids are happy--no Easy Mac, no cereal for dinner, no Hamburger Helper. They are eating HEALTHY--and happy! Thank you. I work tomorrow (Sunday) and there shouldn't be much to post--praying for NO CHEST PAIN is at the top of our list. I'll try to get more pictures posted. Hopefully, within the week, I'll be posting pictures from our TBA Traveling Blog! More on that soon...Mapping, Planning, Calculating...all with the hope of it falling into place

No comments: