Sunday, June 14, 2009

Well, I spoke too soon...


Julie buried her head in a pillow...These are pictures of the storm as we were approaching it...It didn't get any better.
Things WERE good. We drove through a nasty storm. I will post video, and pictures. We learned a hard lesson--we won't do that again. Bobby is quite upset-there are many areas of the truck that have nice dents from the hail. There was large hail for about 5 minutes--and as it was hitting us, we knew...and it was too late. It sounded like the truck was getting shot at with bullets. Once the hail started, it was too late. We will assess the damage in the daylight tomorrow. The camper did OK, it has a few dings but we heard of broken windows in vehicles from the same storm. I have Doppler Radar images showing the Tornado Vortex. Lindsey reports seeing the funnel and rotating winds as we were driving. The radar supports her sighting... So, for tonight...we are wiped out. The kids are pretty wound up...and Bobby is not a HAPPY CAMPER. Storm chasers we are NOT. I'll put video and pictures on when I get them uploaded...Will I ever get the kids to go to bed. We hear the coyote's howling in the fields outside the campground. We're told this is normal. I might just post all of the pictures and video to Google and add a link...I left the video on record while we were in the storm. Hopefully, I've captured some of the stress we sat through. Bobby needs a medal for driving us safely. He is the best!

No comments: