Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It is Tuesday and we're in Charlotte

Bobby, Julie, Dan and I came down to Charlotte on Sunday. The traffic was bad on the way down. We spent the day shopping and showing the kids around Charlotte yesterday. It is such a pretty city. The buildings are tall (I have pictures but can't add them from here) and the streets are clean. It has always been one of our favorite places. The last few days here have been especially nice because the city is virtually empty. Charlotte is full of business people and bankers. I don't think they have to work during the week between Christmas and New Year. The waitress last night said the hotel was booked at 19% capacity. I asked what it was generally and she said about 65-70%. For that reason, they had no dinner specials :( Usually, their special is a pasta dish with lots of garlic :)

Well, we are waiting while Bobby drinks his CT contrast. They started his IV without any problems. We noticed that the sky was crystal clear this morning, not a cloud to be found. I hope that is the theme of the day. We love you all and know that you are praying for the best. I'll post again later...

No comments: