Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The news is TERRIFIC!!

We just got back to the hotel from the doctor's office. Dr. Amin showed us the CT scans.  When we compared the old scan to the one from today, we could obviously see that the spots of melanoma have almost completely disappeared. The large spot that was >1cm initially was not even there! We are very very thankful. Dr. Amin said that normally about 50% of patients are still stable in 2 years. We talked about the fact that the statistics are still being made. They don't have long term data on the Ipi...the survival rates are still being made (and Bobby is making them)!

Bobby is very happy-and I'm sure will wake up feeling happier every day. It is overwhelming.  We are taking the kids out for lunch (not that we have a choice)--but we'll enjoy our lunch in Charlotte!

We don't always know why we are dealt bumps and curves in our lives but looking back, I can say that we are living life differently than we were 1, 2 or 3 years ago. We love more, laugh more, and pray more. For me (only)--I can say that I'm spending $$ LESS!

Celebrate TODAY and for tonight-have a nice dinner and celebrate with us! We'll be home tomorrow PM (maybe)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news. I can't verify this but I guess everyone that know Bobby will have continue listening to his jokes. A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR INDEED. Love from the other Dad.