Thursday, December 3, 2009

Just a note...

Bobby talked to me tonight and he is concerned about any messages that may not be clear. (Hmmm, I remember doing this once before)... I told Bobby that I would send out a short message to make sure there are not any misunderstandings. I hope this makes sense...

We were told by the doctor that the tumors in Bobby's lungs appear to be smaller than they were 12 weeks ago. That's pretty clear to me (wink). This does not mean that he has been cured or that he is even "out of the woods" yet. It is perhaps a sign that the Ipilimumab is working. Melanoma is not something that is ever gone (permanently). I don't think we'll ever be able to erase this completely-but we'll pray that we can. We still need to wait for the official reading on the CT scan. The doctor reviewed the images with us just a few hours after the tests. Bobby says he'll feel better after the next set of scans at the end of December. We'll rejoice again if we continue to get good news!

I told Bobby that we CAN celebrate what we were told. We can celebrate and give thanks for ANY sign that things are better. It would be sad to have to wait for MORE signs, or better news, or bigger changes before we give thanks for even the smallest improvement. The signs we were given were very positive, but in no means are the end of this journey. Still, we give thanks to you and to God for this news-and for the gift of having YOU to share it with!

No comments: