Friday, December 28, 2007

Anyone need some worms?

Today was the third day of playing phone police. Things shifted a bit as the previous two days had already set things into a positive position for today. The slides should have been read today although the doctor's office wasn't really expecting a report until Monday. Monday is New Year's Eve. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.


The next issue is that our primary care physician drops our insurance company as of 1-1-08. Bobby's surgery is on 1-2-08. Well, isn't that just great? All of the referrals that had been obtained (twice already), had to be gotten a third time from our new primary doctor...who has never seen Bobby before. I'm sure I'm as frustrated as the secretaries in the doctor's offices. They have been so helpful. Everyone has been so nice. It means so much to us.


Some of the information I had received from the pathologist was about the type of melanoma that Bobby has. He said it is Spindle Cell Melanoma. This is what the pathologist told me on the phone. I tried to write everything down (but this does not mean that the report is written). I don't believe that anyone has anything in writing, YET.


Bobby is holding his own. One allows himself to hold only enough information than he can handle. God made it that way. We are not ever given more than what He feels we can handle. That is what marriage is for. The spouse is able to pick up the rest of the slack, absorb the remainder of the spill, grasp the pieces that fall through the cracks. Its an amazing thing!

Thank you to those who have emailed. Bobby has enjoyed reading every single email. We do want everyone to know that we greatly respect you for allowing us to have some "quiet time" for lack of a better term. Some days, he gets inundated with calls. It is wonderful to hear from everyone...and to share the entire story with best friends and coworkers...and then to have to repeat it over and over and to tell the entire story again to a previous aquaintance or ex-friend of a friend that we haven't talked to in 15 years. They heard the news and wanted to call. Bobby is so sweet on the phone. It is pretty bad when they have to explain to him who they are! I'm not so nice. I'm the protective one.

Anyway, my point is that we know everyone cares and is thinking about him. We understand that if we don't hear from you that it is because you are giving us our personal space---we appreciate that very much. Hopefully, this blog will keep everyone updated on how he is doing and that will help. If there is anything I'm missing....or forgetting, 1. I apologize and 2. Please tell me so I can correct it. I'll try ASAP!

Love from us both to all of you, Donna & Bobby

No comments: