Monday, May 25, 2009

I suppose we've been busy...

We got a call around 3 yesterday that they had a bed and we should leave then. I had to find Bobby. When I went out to the camper, he wasn't there. It took me a few minutes but he had walked around the front of the house as I was walking around the back of the house. We showered quickly and drove to Baltimore. We grabbed a quick bite at BK and Bobby ate 2 Whoppers on the way down. He said that they tasted good and it made him happy!

Everything has been pretty uneventful so far. Bobby has been very irritable and grumpy. He had too long to anticipate what was to come and by the time we finally got here, he seemed to get upset about each little thing. He was worried about things that MIGHT happen...and didn't. I have tried to stay on top of things and although HE wouldn't agree, everything has gone well. He has had ... 3 doses so far.

Well, I spoke too soon. We just had a 7 minute episode of rigors. He is resting comfortably now. OK...I give up. We just got him settled now after about 5 minutes of vomiting. He is asleep now. I'm doing everything I can do. He was mad that he was throwing up-blaming it on not having been given his anti-nausea medication. I assured him that, yes, he did get the medication. Maybe I'll start a chart for him so that he can see that we ARE doing things to help him and to prevent his misery. I know all of this is very hard. I am certainly open to ideas of ways that I can help him feel better. He has been talking about getting it over with so he can go home. They are taking good care of him here, but there's no place like home.

No comments: