Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A little post for Grandy

This is a cute story and I would like to share it. Before I start, I want to say, THANK YOU to my mother. She has been here since before Bobby's treatment started. She left her home in Florida to come up and take care of our kids, the house, and our cats. We knew it was not going to be an easy job (and the kids were probably the least of her worries)! Grandy left Sunday to go back home. We appreciate all that she did while she was here--a job that normally takes two!
OK, so last night, Grandy was telling me all about this fish camp near her brother's house in New Smyrna Beach, FL. She stopped by Tom's house on her way home to Florida. Grandy went on and on about J.R's Fish Camp (Tom corrected her and said it is J.B.'s not J.R.'s) which was about 4 miles (Tom says 7 miles) from his house. Grandy raved about the food there with her favorite meal being the Stuffed Flounder (Tom says it is Grouper). Grandy couldn't wait to go to the restaurant she remembered so well. So, back in Maryland, Bobby needed a ride to go drop his truck off at the dealer for some work. We are headed up Halfway Blvd. and got stopped at the light. I look over at the post right beside us at the light and there are some bumper stickers stuck to the pole...I read one of the stickers...and couldn't believe what it was...I still can't believe it. Dan and I had to go turn around twice so that I could stop next to the pole again and get a picture. It is a small world! I can't wait to ask Grandy how her dinner was last night...

No comments: