Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A good morning..and now the waiting game

I'm in the surgical waiting area at FMH. They have wireless Internet. Bobby is in the OR. He went back at about 1140. Lindsey is here with me for a little bit-so I wouldn't be alone when Bobby and I had to part. I'm glad she came although she will be heading home to get Julie and Dan off of the bus. Bobby has made it clear that he didn't really think he'd want to see anyone tonight. No calls, no visitors please.

-We arrived at 0700. After a redundant admitting process, they took Bobby over for his lymphocentigraphy. They injected dye into the area on his cheek and then took pictures of where the dye flows. I was able to sit with him through all of this (except the painful injections). He did great with them the tech said. I would not have done great-which is why they don't allow family to come back. Good idea!

-Bobby won't be out of the OR until after 4:30. Then, in PACU for 1-2 hours. That is if they stay on time. The doctor will update me ~1/2 way through the surgery.

-Bobby stated he was most nervous over what the findings will be. I agree. He is holding himself together (not by himself--he has your support, my support, our support, his family....everyone!) but, he is scared. I pray that God gives him some peace after this is over.

-I will update as quickly as I can. I don't expect to have any news until early evening. Again, we will let everyone know when he is ready for calls or visiting. He wants to see how he feels. Our kids wanted to come tonight but he told them no.

Love to all, thanks for the prayers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Donna! So glad to read your news! I have been thinking/praying for you all day long!
It is cold here too. Right now I am at gymnastics waiting to go home//...
Get some rest! We don't need you sick!
Tell Bobby we are thinking of him when he starts to feel better!!!

Love, Cindy