Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!



-It is the first day of the year. We pray for each of you and for ourselves that 2008 will be a year of good health and remarkable accomplishments. For each person or family, every battle won helps build the structure for which we stand upon. Bobby is on rock solid ground...and the little pebbles keep becoming stepping stones.

**Thank you Kara for taking our pictures. Thanks for putting up with our special needs during the picture taking. I apologize for their behavior. It is improving...when they were 1,2,& 6, I gave up! We haven't had very many group pictures after that.


-Now, today has been a great day. We had a friend get some pictures of us all together this morning. Then, Bobby and I had our pictures taken together. It was the first time --- I was going to say since OUR wedding. But, thinking back, the last time was at Donnie's wedding! We can't wait to get the pictures back (3 weeks). They were great. I felt like I was beside my knight in shining armour (or a sweater) just like I did 20 years ago! We enjoyed it. Did I say I can't wait until we get the pics back? He surprised me...and seemed really happy with them!

-So, now we are home, finishing a few bazillion last minute things. Trying to make sure we don't forget anything tomorrow. After all...he will be in the hospital all of 1 night! Toothbrush, toothpaste, clean underwear...I think I can fit it all into 2 or 3 suitcases? "No problem, which car should I put them into?" says Bobby!



-I was not able to update the blog from my cell phone (distressing for Donna). I will ask the children to do that for us. (Insert "I am not responsible for content" clause here)



-We sincerely want to say thank you to everyone. Bobby's strength and support comes from all of us that love him. It really shows! He gets tears in his eyes just from seeing how many emails are in his inbox when he checks his g-mail acct. For this, I say thank you! Love to all....until we know more.
Brrrr...it was cold and windy!

No comments: