Friday, January 4, 2008

Say Farewell to Darla (Darla the drain)

It is 1630, Bobby is resting. I have a chance to update everyone. I need a SOAP protocol for writing blogs. SLEEP-OINTMENT-ATIVAN-PERCOCET. That about says it. Bobby likes the SOAP protocol.

We went to the doctor today. He took out the drain. That was painful and has continued to be very uncomfortable for Bobby. But now that Darla is gone, the pulling and stretching will be better. If your name is Darla--sorry, no relation. Bobby was glad to see Darla go. He has been sleeping ever since we got home. The medicine helps but as soon as he talks or eats, it starts hurting again. He is pretty sedated (thank goodness). I told the doctor that people should be kept in the hospital for a week for this. He didn't agree.

Bobby has given me permission to post photos of the incision post-op. He said I should keep a timeline of pics...it will look so good-so fast. I did not want to send pics without asking him. He wants everyone to know that he is learning to accept the scars that will save his life. I will post them in a blog titled PICTURES OF BOBBY.

I can not think of anything more that Bobby needs than the support of all of you. I know it has been hard since we have asked for some time without visitors and calls. I think, to be honest, so far, that has been EXACTLY what has been best! He is miserable when he has to talk. He feels best when he is asleep!

No comments: