Wednesday, January 2, 2008

NEWS!!!

Dr. Yoon came to talk to me at about 6:30. It was very reassuring news.

-All of the facial nerves are intact. Dr. Yoon tested them. Bobby was very concerned about this so he will be relieved. Dr. Yoon said that the lymph nodes "did not look bad" -- which is good. They will be sent for biopsy. He said that if they are very diseased, they usually appear as such.

Bobby will come home tomorrow and I'll bring him back on Friday to get the drain out. When the biopsy results come back, we will know the involvement in the lymph nodes.

He is still in surgery at this time. The plastic surgeon is doing the re-excision on his upper cheek area. When that is finished, he will go to recovery for 1-2 hours. He has been in the OR since 11:30 a.m. Great...he slept all day...I hope he isn't up all night. At least one of us needs some sleep.

I can't even begin to tell you how grateful I am for the prayers, the support, and the offers we have been given. We're just at the beginning of this...but we're thankful that things are going well.

I have some more calls to make. Pardon any typos--my fingers are frozen stiff!
Love to the WORLD,
Donna

No comments: