Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It wasn't TOO bad (from Donna)

Well, once I got out of the driveway and headed to work, things began to improve. Bobby was in good hands so I knew I had nothing to worry about. I slept for a few hours before I had to get up to get ready for work. The last few minutes of "in bed" time I had was spent with Dan standing at my head waiting for me to relinquish "my spot" and pass on the charge role for the night. Daddy was in good hands. I finished getting ready and headed out for the first time in over 2 weeks. Because I had been allowed the time to grieve, recover, and heal with my family and husband, I felt ready to go back without hesitation. It was time-a good time. I feel thankful to have the support at work because it has made a huge difference. It was nice to get back to work too. Only a few tears shed, but that was OK too.

Bobby said he didn't sleep much here. He was up a few times. His drain hole has sealed over and isn't allowing Darla's spit to drain. That is painful. The fluid builds up under the tissue and makes it way from under his ear up and around in front of his ear and up to the top where Darla used to be. I used to be able to get it draining but the last 2 days it has healed more and won't drain. Bobby thinks Dr. Yoon will fix this issue tomorrow morning. Don't worry: I'll be sure to capture all the details and post it ASAP "How the Doctor got Bobby's Spit to Drain" to be released Wed. afternoon! Something to look forward to tomorrow!

Good Day to everyone for now. Perhaps we will say goodnight later and have some pictures to post before bedtime. Keep him in your prayers tonight as we should get the FINAL pathology reports tomorrow. Also, he will get two more biopsies done--which stinks. He gets pretty bummed out about that. It is like starting the process all over again. Each biopsy has the potential to come back as Melanoma. That pretty much sucks to put it nicely.

No comments: